College Health Services, LLC
112 Turnpike Road, Suite 304, Westborough, MA 01581
President & CEO:
P. Davis Smith, MD, director of health services, Westminster School, Simsbury, Connecticut
- Keith Anderson, PhD, FACHA, staff psychologist/outreach coordinator, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, New York
- Amy Baldwin, EdD, director of University College at the University of Central Arkansas, Little Rock
- Michelle Burcin, PhD, MPH, MCHES, School of Health Services, Walden University, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Beth Blackett, MA, peer health outreach coordinator, Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario
- Jan Gascoigne, PhD, CHES, assistant dean for student affairs, Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora
- Jim Grizzell, MBA, MA, MCHES, ACSM-HFS, consultant in health promotion, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Rick Hanson, PhD, director of counseling, Rockhurst University, Kansas City, Missouri
- Steve Lux, MS, senior health educator, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb
- Karen Moses, RD, EdD, director of health promotion, Arizona State University, Phoenix
- Shermin Murji, MPH, health educator and doctoral candidate in education, Florida State University, Tallahassee
- Joleen Nevers, MA Ed, CHES, AASECT Certified Secondary Education, sexuality educator, health education coordinator, University of Connecticut, Storrs
- Ann Quinn-Zobeck, PhD, senior director of initiatives and training, The BACCHUS Network
- Tara Schuster, MS, MCHES, coordinator of health promotion, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York
Ally Carlton-Smith, MS
Director of finance
CampusWell™, Vol. 12, Issue 1, September 2016. Published monthly by College Health Services, LLC, 112 Turnpike Road, Suite 304, Westborough, MA 01581. © 2016 by College Health Services, LLC. All rights reserved. Distribution or reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited. Subscriptions are free to qualified subscribers. For distribution and subscription inquiries, contact College Health Services, LLC, at 866.636.8336 or at the address above.
Your college, university, or insurance provider is distributing CampusWell to inform students about important health issues. Your college, university, or insurance provider is not responsible for the content or opinions expressed in this publication. CampusWell is for your information only. Maintaining your health includes knowing when to seek professional guidance. CampusWell is not intended to be a substitute for your personal health care provider’s professional medical advice, diagnosis, or for appropriate professional treatment. Each individual has unique needs, and only your health care provider has the ability to assess your needs firsthand. Always seek the advice of your health care provider regarding any questions you may have with respect to a medical condition. If your health care provider’s advice conflicts with information in this publication, always follow your health care provider’s recommendations. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read in CampusWell.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your health care provider or 911 immediately. The physicians and other professionals who have written or reviewed this publication do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned in CampusWell. Reliance on any information provided in CampusWell is solely at your own risk. CampusWell and its content are provided on an “as is” basis.
CampusWell AND ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND OTHER RELATED PARTIES (THE “CONTENT PROVIDERS”), TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Without limiting the foregoing, the Content Providers make no representations or warranties about, and disclaim all liability with respect to (1) the accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness, or timeliness of the content provided in CampusWell, (2) any content contained in CampusWell, that was added or edited by your college or university, and (3) the satisfaction of any government regulations requiring disclosure of information on prescription drug products with regard to the content contained in CampusWell.
In no event shall the Content Providers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages or personal injury/wrongful death) resulting from the use of CampusWell, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not the Content Providers are advised of the possibility of such damages.